Monday, March 31, 2014

Wax Notes | March 2014


Maple Buttercream Bliss (Front Porch)
This is just pure, sweet maple syrup. I imagine this would go down very well in cool weathers.

Tease (Two Timing Tart)
This smelled really strong on cold sniff so I popped a cube in my 11w hot plate to start. The scent really starts pumping out when the scent pool is fully developed. I would say it's a medium-low throw. The dominant notes are tea and lemon, with the mint underlining. I like this one very much!

Loopy Marshmallow Bread (Front Porch)
My first Fruit Loops blend! It smells mostly the same as regular Fruit Loops, maybe a tad sweeter and with a hint of a bread crust.

Lavender Noel (Front Porch)
This is so strong! I started melting it for about 20 minutes before I realised my nose was too stuffed to smell anything so I turned it off for the night. The next day when I came home from work, I realised the scent was still lingering in the air! Within 30 seconds of switching on my warmer, I am already getting blasted with the scent throw! I am 50/50 with this one, I don't like that the Lavender is more laundry than herbal. But I like how Lavender blends with Vanilla Bean Noel, which means it's time to hunt for the perfect Lavender Noel for my nose!


Vintage Circus (The Bathing Garden)
It's impossible for me to not like this tart because I am a big fan of Winter Candy Apple. All fans of apple scents have to have this one! I am melting two cubes in my 11w/ceramic plate combination, and am getting a nice medium scent throw.

Drunk Photography (Two Timing Tart)
Because I was surprised that the strong cold throw on Two Timing Tart wasn't translating to a good hot throw, I emailed Becky to asked what sort of heat was needed for TTT's old wax formula. She advised a 20w hot plate or 25w bulb warmer. If not, a tealight warmer would work just as well. So that's what I am doing today and that 1 cube is throwing medium-high. Absolutely loving this scent as well, I really like how fizzy and citrusy it is.

Lemon Mallow Strawberry Bread (Front Porch)
To me, this is very reminiscent to Fruit Loops or perhaps just a cereal-type scent. I like how the Marshmallow sweetens out the bread. The Lemon and Strawberry isn't distinct individually but it's makes for a fruity combo that further sweetens the scent.

Bite Me Serendipity Bubble Gum (L3WW)
I am absolutely loving this scent, the combination of fruity with bubble gum is totally hitting all my scent sweet spots. I find Bite Me the strongest of the scents, then Bubble Gum which gives the fruitiness an interesting twist. I don't really know how Serendipity is supposed to smell like but I am catching a lot of citrus with occasional whiffs of sweet coconut. L3's wax is so strong! I am only melting 1/4 of my chunk in my tealight warmer and the scent throw is high high high!


Cotton Candy Cuppy Cheesecake (L3WW)
I am melting this in my 11w hotplate. The scent throw is noticeably lower. To really get the full power of L3's wax, you have to melt it in higher wattage warmer or with a tealight. I am liking this though, I mostly smell sweet cotton candy with this chunk, little to no bakery.

Lavender Cotton Candy Frosting (L3WW)
Herbal lavender with a hint of sweetness so that it's not too overpowering. I wouldn't mind it a tad sweeter though.

Sweet Dreams (Front Porch)
What a coincidence, my last three melts all have purple in them! This tart is supposed to be sweet lavender, pink sugar and coconut cream. FP's lavender is more on the laundry side and is very strong. Unfortunately, my nose does not like it very much. A pity. I really like how the coconut scent sweetens and adds a comforting edge, I will have to search out a similar blend from other vendors or create a custom blend.

Margarita Marhsmallow Noel (Front Porch)
I was in the mood for a fruity and sweet scent on a Sunday afternoon. I rooted through my stash before settling on this scent. This one is so good, it reminds me of a lime ice cream I had as a kid! It is also super strong! I headed downstairs to the living room to watch some TV and I am still catching whiffs of it.

4 comments:

  1. Great melts!! FP lavender is very detergent like to me too. I have to be in the mood for it. I like sweet dreams mixed with peppermint. The margarita one sounds fantastic!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh phew, glad I am not the only one. So many ppl raved about the lavender in the FP facebook group. Have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. I must try margarita marshmallow noel! Tease sounds nice, too--I haven't ordered from Two Timing Tart before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to! It's a great transitioning to spring scent, tropical but still with a warm touch. Oh, do try TTT especially if you love complex and unique blends!

      Delete